Yikes!

Yeah.. I’ve gotten really bad at this.  8 months since I’ve posted bad.  I have some excuses but mostly I’ve just been lazy about documenting things.  

Img_0774

Well the first project I will post about is baby #2.  He/she is part of my list of excuses but only accounts for the first 15 weeks of not posting.  I was sick.  Really sick.  I now know exactly what women who complained of morning sickness were talking about.  It is brutal, so awful that I could probably pinpoint on a calendar the day it went away.  I have thanked God everyday since I started feeling better because I know some women who were sick throughout their entire pregnancies.  I was not sick with Myles and was not expecting to be sick with this one so it really knocked me out.  I am not exaggerating to say that it would have been too much in those 15 weeks to sit at the computer and post something.  In fact I couldn’t even barely go into the basement because I suddenly was very sensitive to the “basement” smell that Aaron claimed was not there.  

Okay, I’m sure you get the point.  We knew I was better the day that Aaron came home and I had rearranged all the furniture in the house..and I have been very greatful that the pregnancy has been smooth sailing ever since.  The due date is exactly a month from today.

Another project that I sort of had stock piled from last fall was a cabinet in our kitchen.  My dad made it in the 90’s for my sister and I aquired it when we moved into this house.  We had been using the shoe cabinet portion of it for a while and had painted it the same white as the cabinets and used matching drawer pulls but the upper bookcase portion had sat in the attic untouched.  I was hoping to gain some extra storage space in our small kitchen.  Our small appliances were taking up space in our cabinets or else were stored in the basement where I never touched them.  I wanted a place where they would be easily accesible.  When we brought the bookcase down to see if it would fit okay, it looked like this:

Img_2055

I primed and painted the bookcase portion while Aaron sanded down the shelves.  We decided to stain the shelves the same dark brown as our counters to tie everything together.

Img_2058Img_2061Img_2060Img_2059

When it was finished and fully loaded it looked like this:

Img_2071

It has been a welcome source of extra storage and I definitely use my appliances a lot more now that I remember I have them!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s